The ISO 45001 standard defines the valid criteria for occupational health and safety management systems worldwide. These criteria were put in place with the aim of improving employee safety, reducing risks in the workplace, creating better and safer working conditions, improving employee well-being and preserving the health and safety of the business environment (customers, users, visitors, etc.).
Already OSHAS 18001-certified, the previous standard on the same subject, the DOSIM Group had analysed each operating procedure through a series of audits. Most OHSAS requirements are maintained in the ISO 45001 standard. Some new requirements have emerged, while others have been revised. Some changes are caused by the framework structure of ISO standards, but others are specific to Occupational Health and Safety (OHS).
The specific features of the standard related to Health and Safety at Work are:
- Taking into account the business environment
- Creating a safe and secure working environment
- Taking into account the needs and expectations of workers and other interested parties, as well as their involvement
- More active involvement of the management team with taking responsibility for the effectiveness of the management system
- In terms of OHS management, the management of risks and opportunities likely to have a positive or negative impact on the results of the management system with the establishment of quantified objectives
- Extended requirements in terms of workers’ participation and consultation, communication around the management system, purchasing
Obtaining ISO 45001 certification involved the following actions within the DOSIM Group:
- Update of our single risk assessment document with:
o our legal requirements
o our different occupations
o health and well-being at work
- Updated assessment of quality risks in relation with the risks linked to the OHS system
- Creation of a participation procedure
- Establishing new indicators and objectives and planning actions to reach them
- Update to our Health and Safety at Work policy, the Quality Assurance Manual and all procedures related to ISO 45001
The Group’s strategy has therefore already evolved to establish the performance perspectives of the OHS system in relation to internal and external challenges.
The DOSIM Group works to protect the health and safety of its employees, collaborators and its business environment, while guaranteeing optimal quality services provided to its customers.Return to news